Sports can be categorized in being a professional career or a recreational activity. Playing a sport has a huge impact on one’s mental health.
What exactly is the purpose of sports?
There are countless sports that people play, either on a professional level or just for the sake of playing sports;
- Playing sports results in physical exertion which helps a person feel and look better.
- Sports help us to get into better
- They help maintain and enhance our stamina.
- We feel mentally and physically more aware of ourselves and our surroundings.
- Sports help a person clear their head and gain better-concentrating
- Sports help the building up of muscle mass and toning down the body fat.
- While playing sports, a person challenges his brain in order to gain different tactics and ways to win. This helps the brain to function even more efficiently and to have a sharp sense of thinking.
Mental health and its effect on our daily lives
Mental health has a huge impact on the way we live our life. If we do not keep our mental health in check, living our life and performing the simplest of tasks will become extremely difficult. Problems of mental health include anxiety, depression, stress and many more. Depression demotivates a person and makes them feel like there is no point in doing anything. These dark thoughts are over evaluated by a person which then, leads to him/her having suicidal thoughts which further lead to suicidal tendencies. Anxiety makes a person extremely agitated and fidgety and thus leads to a person sinking into a dark hole of his own thoughts.
The relationship between sports and mental health
Physical activity releases endorphin which is also known as a “happy” hormone. It helps one think clearer and feel lighter. Sports results in heavy physical exertion and hence makes a person feel much better.
Productivity at its peak:
On another note, playing sports helps a person pass their free time in a more productive way which makes a person stay away from overthinking and over-assuming about things they shouldn’t worry about. Sports help to clear a person’s mind and help them focus in a more vivid way.